Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Hanmer Springs and more!



Today we went on our trip out of Christchurch to Hanmer Springs! These are natural hot springs in the mountains that have been opened to the public. The water was soo warm but smelt quite eggy (due to the sulphur in the water... Clearly).
After our relaxing time in the spa we got Jimmy our guide to cook us up some sausages. Yum yum! Then it was time for our Jet boating trip. Yay! It was fast, exciting and scary at times as the driver went within inches of the rocky sides of the canyon! It was very scenic and the water of the river was amazingly blue (See picture).
Finally we went to Beer School and tasted several local beers whilst being taught about the different hops and barley that was in them.
Very hot and sunny day. Tan coming along nicely (well I (Amy) have a red streak down one arm where I missed with the suncream- ooops!).
Off early tomorrow to Westport on first leg of Kiwi Experience.

4 comments:

  1. Hi George,
    Obviously 1st up (1st comment)..
    Great to see you have both arrived and already out-and-about, sorting out the Kiwi experience buses!
    Dead jealous - it was snowing in Germany and is freezing in Madrid.
    Luv you, Dad

    P.S. My IT skills are being tested .. I thought I had posted a comment yesterday but obvioulsy failed. Gald to see you'e mastered the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Cant believe your tanning and going to natural springs (so jealous!)while i have mental spasms in physics! Hope the next place is just as good :-) You dont even have to cook your own sausages! (if they were the skinny kind ill be even more jealous) hxx p.s bonnie and clyde (lol) p.p.s embarassing? shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! I don't even know why I am posting this blog, well actually just to tell Chucki that I had the creepiest dream about her. Holly know's all about it and I can confirm that she has been having wierd spasms more than often (I think that Bonnie and Clyde(only Butterworth's would say) have not been giving her her pills!)
    Just pretend that you found that funny :)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. urgh sulphur smell is disgusting!
    but the warm water i am jealous of!
    and beer school wow! nice to see you working hard :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete